Sunday 13 March 2011

Yet another layout this week!

Obviously I am on a bit of a roll at the moment!  Another fairly simple layout for me - still obviously getting back into the groove of scrapbooking at the moment!


Again this is based on my time challenge - I looked at the clock at 13.43 so
1 word title -this was so tricky as I didn't want to go with bounce or race although hop might have probably been more apt but I went with fly and used my new Tim Poker Face embossing folder that turned up on my doorstep yesterday - have no idea how that happened! along with some Dylusion wings and making memories chipboard to make up my title piece.
3 embellishments - these are the new Tim mini rosettes that also turned up in the same lovely parcel as the texture fades (the fact that I used these and the new die on the same day as receiving them is a small miracle for me!)
4 patterned papers - Crate Paper School Spirit Collection: Geometry, Grade Card, Pep Rally, and Ruler
3 stamps - the two Dylusion wings and the inverted hat used on the bunting both from the Doolally Dorris set.

Also used XCut and Woodward punches for the leaves, Santa's Workshop alphabet, glossy accents, buttons, twine, staples and Bundled Sage, Fired Brick, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Broken China, Mustard Seed, and Peeled Paint distress inks.

The layout was also originally based on a March 2011 page map however once I cut out the picture to remove all the background clutter that happens on a school sports day the page map no longer really worked - I kept the papers the same (because I had already cut and stuck them together!) and the three embellishments but then felt it needed something extra when finished so I added the bunting - I figure that as I have already completed my challenge twice already I could bend the rules on this one!  After all these challenges I am setting are to get me scrapping layouts and it certainly seems to be working!  Have already decided on my next challenge and made 2 birthday cards with it but I will show these on Tuesday 22nd when I set the next challenge on here officially.

Thanks for looking and hope you all have a great weekend - we had a football match and birthday party yesterday and little one has two birthday parties today so it's all go here!

3 comments:

minnie_mac said...

Genius layout. Love it.

Marilyn

Neet said...

What a fabulous LO. Love the colours and all the elements you have used. Fun fun fun!

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT LO!