Tuesday 5 April 2011

Mothers Day Cards

I spent Saturday catching up with three Mothers Day cards (one each for my Mom, my Nan and my Mother In Law) - they are all fairly quick and simple for me but as I based them all on sketches I have decided to enter them into the sketch challenges:

Here is the first card that I made two of - one for Mom and one for my Mother In Law:

this is based on the sketch at http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/ so I would like to enter it into their challenge.  I used a kraft card base (a fabulous find in a Paper shop on holiday), My Minds Eye papers, a Martha Stewart edging punch, Tim's birdie and rosette dies and the birdcage is a new die that I bought at Hobbycrafts at the NEC - cant remember the make but will post back if I do.

The second, well third really!, card was for my Nan who I have always sent a Mothers Day card and small gift to:

Have based this one on the sketch at http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/ so I would like to enter it into their challenge.  Have used the last of our fabulous paper kit made up of Prima papers alphabet and stickers (well almost the last think I might be able to squeeze out one more card using the last few remnants of the butterfly papers!) and a Prima butterfly.

Sorry for the poor quality of photos but Saturday was quite a busy day as I had to go shopping, take little one to a birthday party and prepare for having everyone around for lunch on Sunday as well as make these cards! why do you always lose your mojo when you have to make cards for a specific occasion???

Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Oh aren't they pretty. Cute bird and bird cage.

whoistracy said...

Such sweet cards! Love that little bird and cage. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

~amy~ said...

such wonderful card...love the bird! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!