Thursday 14 April 2011

A new tag

Had a little play a couple of weeks ago with my new Tim Sizzix die but have not got around to blogging it so here it is:

For the background I used the following distress inks:  Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain - again these colours were chosen by just picking out 5 colours randomly from my bag of handles and wouldn't normally have chosen to put together.

The diecut mannequin was inked with some of the same inks and stamped with a Ticket stamp then mounted onto the tag with a rolled up piece of paper under it so it's 3d.  The stamped mannequin on the tag is one of Bernice's so I don't know what make it is.  The buttons and cotton reel are from the same sizzix die as the mannequin and then I have finished them and the tag off with some Vintage True Hemp.  The quote is from my Creative Expressions set of sewing stamps. 

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

Hettie said...

Hi there. A girl after my own heart. I too have this die and the stamps which I bought at the Paperartsy event. I have used them no end as I love them soooooo much. I really like your tag!! x