Thursday 14 July 2011

Sketchy Thursday

Thought I would have a go at the monthly challenge over at http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/.  Now I have learnt from my colour course - honest I have, I really, really have.  I read and understand that red, orange and yellow are best used as accent colours otherwise they are very overpowering - and I did that in my layout for the course last week (in fact deep down I already really knew it too) but I have to admit that I just love bold bright colours so, even though I have learnt and know the rules to using bright colours, as the above sketch is their monthly challenge and needed to include red, orange and/or yellow I thought I would go for a bright Disney layout, and here it is:


The criteria for the challenge is to use the sketch (had to change the circle to a rectangle as I have used a postcard - the 2008 one which is one of those changing images so it shows either the number with the hats on or with the characters faces on depending upon which way you tilt it), then it had to be a summer topic - these photos were taken in the summer of 2008, use red, orange and/or yellow - think I did that! and also to use a journal spot which again is my red postcard as the title says it all really!

I used a yellow core cardstock, Echo Park "A Walk in the Park" papers and stickers, Creative Imaginations epoxy rocket sticker, orange hemp, red ribbon, Crafters Workshop template (the clock), Brushed Corduroy and Spiced Marmalade distress inks, the Mickey ears were cut on my craft robo, Reminisce Real Magic "My Favourite Ride" sticker, staples, the stamps I used were: Recollections "Going Places" map, Cloud 9 Designs "Travel" We Love it Here, K & Company "Happy Trails" Photo Op, My Minds Eye "Lost and Found" Fun and Family.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like my bright funky layout!

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

fun to see your colourful layout and fun also that two friends both used a sketch from the same blog :)

http://marlenesscrappyplace.blogspot.com/2011/07/sketchy-thursdays-layout.html

Anne Pennington said...

Good take on the sketch! Loving your banner!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that Mickey banner and the photos!! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)