Tuesday 27 September 2011

Lets Think Creatively challenge is back!

I have found that I only seem to produce scrapbook layouts if I enter challenges at the moment so as I haven't really found any that give me something to think about (all the challenges I seem to find are all sketches which is fine but sometimes I just need that little bit more to make it interesting), so I am going to run my own fortnightly challenge again:


I will start where I left off last May which was to use this image as inspiration:


and I have finally done the layout (had it planned in my mind for months but life just got in the way!):


Think I overdid it with the glimmer screen in the top left hand corner (that and the fact that I sprayed it with the screen the wrong way so I had to reverse stamp the image over it three times before I realised that it wasnt stamping properly as I was using bazzill cardstock! hey ho - obviously a bit out of practice with scrapping at the moment!).  I also found the mojo to produce these two backgrounds:

a boy card
 and a girl card - they arent finished yet as I am not sure who I am going to send them too but I have left a space on each to put either a name or a greeting on - feel quite ahead of myself now!

I would love it if you find inspiration from my challenge and join in with me, if you do then please leave me a link here so I can come and have a look at your creations:



Thanks :)

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Cool to see you creating again - I like the stamping/misting combo on the top and the backgrounds for the cards. Just need some time to scrap/craft myself.

Also - congrats on the work for the art class - amazing for only your second week.

Fuchsia said...

Happy desk lovely projects


enjoy your week x

My name is Cindy said...

Probably just too early for me to think creatively but I am not entirely sure what the challenge is? Give me a nudge and I'll try and play. Two weeks is in my view a better turn around time, weekly things are come and gone before i get my act together. (I know we've already had a week of this one). I could make a tag following your lovely tut!! lol Cindy