Tuesday 11 October 2011

Lets Think Creatively challenge no 7

It's Tuesday! so

Can't believe I had no takers for my challenge during the last fortnight - where have you all gone?  Anyway this fortnight to get our creative juices flowing the challenge is to use texture on your pieces - by texture I mean by using embossing folders, texture plates and such like.  Here are photos of all mine:
Texture plates and Tim embossing folders

Cuttlebug and other embossing folders

smaller sizzix and cuttlebug folders

Now I am not bragging here - I know I have a lot of these however they have all been accumulated over the years as I love texture backgrounds on my artwork however these have kind of been neglected of late and hardly used at all therefore over the next two weeks my challenge is to fall back in love with them and start using them.

Luckily I have some new stash to help me:
whoo hoo pretty neat eh! have coloured those mushrooms with inka gold red paint - as you can see I haven't used any of the goodies yet - shame really as my mojo seemed to be visiting last week but I was busy with other things - not least this little munchkins 7th Birthday celebrations:


here he is with his big present and his homemade bunting!  And now I have an afternoon with the house to myself today I can't seem to get motivated to start crafting - so enough of my waffling texture/embossing folders here I come!!
My challenge is to make either a tag, card or layout using a texture technique on them (you can make just one item or all three or even lots of each them if you so wish!) If you would like to join me on my journey to rediscover texture then please leave me a link here so I can come and have a look at your creations:



Thanks :) and also a big hello to Sarah - thanks for following me :)

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Desperately trying to read the instructions on the bottle!!! Great shame nobody wanted to play. Have you made yourself known at Feline Playful? I've got some embossing folders (not as many as you mind)so I will get my thinking cap on now that I've caught up with my calendar pages. Hugs Mrs A.