Sunday 1 January 2012

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 10

Here is my next tag for the challenge:


I already had the fragments prepared for this one but it still took me ages to complete!  I stamped the music onto a cream tag and dried it with the heat gun.  Then I stamped out the holly in Peeled Paint and poured on embossing powder - I was expecting it to stick all over the tag and not just on the ink but how wrong I was!  Am very impressed with this technique too and will be using this a lot in the future too!

The whole background is made as on T!ms tag, the fragments are made using images from Crafty Individuals pictures I have left over from a class I did there last year (or was it the year before??).  The ribbon and brads are old stash.  I don't have the banner die (it's such a shame for me isn't it!) so I handcut a banner out and stamped it with the same music stamp - wish I had used a different colour on it now to make it stand out more but it still looks ok in real life (I know it looks the same on the picture but it is different - honest!).  The alphabet is again Once Upon A Time and painted with copper paint.  Finished the same as T!ms with tulle, pearls and tinsel.

Thanks for looking - still been up for hours from Solihull.

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your banner is every bit as nice as Tim's. Hungry of Hampshire.

Missus Wookie said...

I like the banner and figure this way you can say it is unique :)

Lazin' in London :lol:

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Love the fragments! What, you cut that banner out? It looks just like the die! Awesome!