Sunday 1 January 2012

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 11

and here is tag 11:

Didn't think I would like this so much as I am really fussy about my colouring in and don't like going over lines and I knew I would using distress inks and blending foam but you know I am really, really pleased with this.  I used an old Santa stamp I have and coloured him with Black Soot and Barn Door.  The Happy Christmas is by Anita and is coloured with Evergreen Boughs - both are stuck on with 3d foam.  I put layers of fluffy fibres on the bottom to ground Santa and the background of the tag is done exactly the same as T!ms. 

I had such fun making the little holly and branch embellishments.  I have had a melt pot for years - bought it when I went to a class by Suze Weinberg - but imagine my horror when I plugged it in a few months ago and it was broken!  But I emailed Ranger and they replaced it for me so I have had my new one for about three months now but not had chance to play with it - so today I played!  Have made a lovely assortment of little reindeers, snowmen, flowers, cogs and houses to play with another time and I also made the holly and branches for this tag.  The branches are handcut and didn't look the best before I shrunk them but now that I have they look fabulous - these are inked with Bottle and Hazlenut alcohol inks.  Finished the tag off with some red and green twine.

Thanks for looking - been up for even more hours from Solihull.

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You have a melt pot!!!! I so want one of those. Envious of Hampshire.

Missus Wookie said...

Sold my melt pot to someone who NEEDED one a few years ago, have to confess haven't missed it. The concern for going over the lines made me smile... distress inks and smudging just aren't tidy.

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Very cool!