Thursday 22 March 2012

Creative Chemistry Day 4

And here is Day 4 - better late than never eh!  Was disappointed I couldn't watch the videos this morning before spending the day at Hobbycrafts/Sewing for Pleasure at the NEC but then it was probably a good thing as I would no doubt have ended up buying a couple more reinkers or something!!

Here are my takes on the tags:


My colouring skills with distress inks just aren't the best - I don't know why as I am getting on really well with my watercolour class but I don't seem to be able to blend light to dark with inks at the moment - need a lot more practice I guess!  Anyway the first tag was stamped with one of T!ms collage stamps and coloured in with Wethered Wood, Barn Door (which I did the dress in before I noticed that there was a handbag and - shock horror - I then realised that I didn't have a suitable colour to give the girl a nice co-ordinating handbag and gloves! so I went for Forest Green to give her a Christmassy look, Spun Sugar and Vintage Photo, I then inked the edges of the cardstock with Broken China and Vintage Photo and mounted it onto a Broken China and Vintage Photo tag.

For the second tag I had to cheat and use Jazz Blue Glimmer Mist as I only have two little applicator bottles but I did make up the Barn Door and Wild Honey ones.  I then used a Creative Expressions cog screen with Rich Gold Glimmer Mist over the top - it doesn't come out well on the photo but looks fabulous in real life.

For the last tag I cheated as I had used this technique to make some Christmas cards when following the 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 so I dug out the old piece of felt I used then and reinked up the stamp and hey presto it still worked!  As the piece was so tiny on the tag though I just had to have a little simple background so I stamped out some snowflakes in Stonewashed Adirondack ink and then inked the tag with Broken China distress, and that still wasn't quite enough so I had to just fill up the rest of the "white" space with a lovely Santa and sentiment stamp.

And here is another little quick practice piece with the watercolouring technique:


Told you I liked skulls didn't I! 

I would also just like to say a big hello to both Kim Rood and Playtime - thank you both for following me :)

Thanks for looking - All Shopped Out from Solihull

2 comments:

Yogi said...

nice. I remember doing the custom pad at Xmas a couple years ago...

Toni said...

*shock* I nearly fainted at the handbag/gloves fiasco... thank goodness you were able to rescue her!

I LOVE that stamp, it looks terrific and you did such a fab job!