Friday 23 March 2012

Creative Chemistry Day 5

Not had much success art wise today - have a stinking cold though so I think it's having an effect on me!

I went to my art class this morning but wasn't happy with anything I produced there - we painted a silver birch, a small sea scene, some pebbles and a post in water but I will have to redo them all when I am feeling a bit better.

Have had a go at the tags today too but again they aren't my best efforts!

to start with I have realised that I am using the wrong type of cardstock - look at my second tag the inks didn't blend at all - the two smaller tags are on manilla shipping tags but I still don't seem to have the same results as T!m so I have caved in and ordered some Inkssential tags online which will hopefully arrive tomorrow and I will have another bash at them.

I know the first tag has come out really dark in the picture but this is the one that is actually fine in real life!!  I used Chipped Sapphire, Barn Door, Gathered Twigs and Wild Honey distress inks and the stamps are from T!ms Artful Flight set.

For the second and third tags I used Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed stains with Faded Jeans stain on the first one and Broken China stain on the second and the stamps are T!ms Haberdashery set.  My Picket Fence images didn't come out well at all so I didn't even bother heat setting them - these are the tags I will retry again when I get better cardstock.

For the last tag I again used a Manilla Shipping Tag but I have to confess that I have managed much better results than this in the past on a plain cream cardstock but I am fairly happy with it to go in my Technique book as is.  I used Picket Fence, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Broken China stains and the stamps are from T!ms Nature's Discovery set.

Thanks for looking - All Bunged Up from Solihull

EDITED to add:
I have just relooked at my post and can't possibly leave you all looking at the dark and dingy first tag so here it is after a bit of tweeking:
the birdie is actually perched on a nest!  Oh for a bit more sunshine so we can take better photos eh! 

4 comments:

Winnie said...

Love your tags! I love the backgrounds and all the stamp choices you used. It is a great class! I can't wait to see what you do next!

Sandi said...

Me thinks you are being a bit harsh with yourself, these are each one gorgeous. Hugs

Julia Dunnit said...

Yeah, I agree, you're eing hard on yourself, they're delicious! Will be interesting to see if the new tags make a difference for you. feel better soon.

Kathy Eddy said...

You are making some wonderful tags.