Saturday 12 May 2012

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge week 5

The technique this week over at Studio L3 is Shattered Stains which is on page 48 of Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities, Volume 2.  It is also sponsored this week by http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/ with a $25 gift certificate for a randomly picked winner.

Here is my take with a shattered stain lampost:


Bit of a motch potch of colours this week but I like it!

Lampost is T!ms sizzix die and coloured with Mustard Seed, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint distress stains.  The tag is coloured with Squeezed Lemonade, Tea Dye, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and Broken China inks. 

The Ticket stamp is by 7 Gypsies from their Ephemera collection stamped in Indigo Color Palette ink. The Bus, small line of lamposts and Carnaby Street sign are by Creative Journey from their London collection and the Bowler Hat and Look Left sign are by Artemio from their London collection.  All stamped with either Crimson or Jet Black archival ink.  The Union Flag ribbon is from Dandelion Designs and the red, white and blue twine is from Creative Craft World.

I made this tag and got half way through T!ms May tag (my melt pot dipped flowers are looking fantastic!)when I realised that it's T!ms monthly tags that I am supposed to be doing with an English theme and not necessarily CC2C!!  Might just have to go and make another May tag now as I have done one a green one with birds on!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow if you have left a comment on my candy post as the winner will be drawn then.  Also can I just say a big hello to Franzesjoi, Beth and Buttons - thank  you all for following me.

Thanks for looking - All melted out from Solihull

11 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

That lampost is to die for! Love your mix of colours. Isn't it great there are so many UK inspired stamps out there at the moment. You have picked some really good ones for this piece.
Glad to be a follower, hugs, Buttons x

Julia Dunnit said...

Tag is looking great...a, loving the GB stuff that you talented crafters are producing.

catherine said...

This is fantastic. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog with my first StudioL3 tag. I will be back to see more of your lovely work
x catherine

Carol said...

What a fun tag! Love how your lamp post turned out.

Sherry said...

Love the texture on your lamp post. Also loving the London stamps and how you've used them!

Jan said...

Love the London theme and how you've used the stamps.... and the perspective of the lamp posts right up to the textured one at the front. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

this is stunning, thank you for your kind words on my blog. I love what you have created.

Anonymous said...

this is stunning, thank you for your kind words on my blog. I love what you have created.

kayh5106 said...

a Great British tag! Love how yuou've got the lampost lined up with the stamped ones!

Hettie said...

This is great Nichola. Liking it alot. Thanks for your visit xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a cool design, Sunshine! The lampost is such a great piece to use for the shattered stains-- it looks fabulous, and the entire tag is wonderful!