Monday 6 August 2012

T!ms August Tag

Have spent a few happy hours preparing this for T!ms August tag:


I used T!ms frame from his Urban Grunge set with Jet Black archival ink and black embossing powder.  Keeping with my British theme for these tags this year I used Sherlock Holmes for the cameo - he is from an Artistic Outpost London set.  Haven't got the frame embossing folder so I used the small set of cogs which I painted with white acrylic paint.  The inks used for the tag are Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky distress inks.  I cut out a red core cardstock, white plain cardstock and blue core cardstock flower using the pinecone die, and then I used T!ms Autumn Gatherings die for the leaves - with Green core cardstock - and branches - with kraft cardstock and inked with Gathered Twigs distress ink. 

For my quote I used kraft cardstock through a Dymo - it's not very clear but it says "The Game Is Afoot" (a famous Sherlock Holmes quote) and is inked with Barn Door distress ink.

As I was assembling the finishing touches to the tag  the National Anthem was being played for the Showjumping Gold so, feeling extra patriotic, I tucked a Union Flag piece of ribbon under the flowers and with the red, white and blue twine I added a crown - Go Team GB!!

I enjoyed this so much I got a bit carried away and made another two!:


Much the same but with blue dymo tape and Stormy Sky ink around the edges.  This tag I finished off with the baubles that I was originally using on the first tag (thought the crown far more fitting after winning yet another gold though!), and then this tag:


with Gathered Twigs ink around the edge, the small Man embossing folder and then some game pieces to tie in with the "The Game Is Afoot" quote.

Quite a happy little play afternoon!

Thanks for looking, and also a big thank you to all my new followers from the "Think Christmas" blog hop - Connie, Carol, Mdmsamm, Outback Crafter, Scrapbook-ChickADoodle and Carolyn Ross thanks for joining me on my crafting journey!

Busy watching the olympics from Solihull

16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant tags and just so right for all our Olympians - GO Team GB!!x

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh nice, love that youre managing the British them still,,and the cogs look great!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great take on the August tag, it looks fabulous.

BJ said...

Adore your tags, great to be using the British theme for them especially during a "gold" ceremony. My favourite of the 3 has to be the middle one, although I love them all. BJ

Winnie said...

I love your tag. I love Sherlock Holmes and my hubby plays Watson in his theatre company shows. Love all the details you put into your tag. I have to check out this set!

Jenny Marples said...

YOU WON!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge congrats hun. (and if you don't know what I'm talking about get to Tim's blog NOW!!!!) Buttons x

Bernice Hopper said...

Woohoo. And now you have Tim's approval. Well done you

GlitteryKatie said...

OMG I love your version- sooo cool and you WON- Tim Loves you!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Congrats on your win! What a cool design!!!

BJ said...

Worthy winner - well done. BJ

Jassy said...

Congrats on your winning tag, its fab and so on trend for us Brits.

Donna said...

congrats on your win. The tag is really great, love the British theme.

Rea' said...

Love your "tribute" tags! Congrats on win!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Congratulations on your winning tag. Sherlock Holmes is the perfect silhouette.

Winnie said...

Congratulations on being a winner...I had commented a few days ago about how I loved your tag..I went looking for Sherlock for myself..I couldn't find him in my stores, I will have to look online..Thanks for the inspiration.

Eliza said...

I am a bit late catching up with the tags sorry. Your tag is awesome and so patriotic you have rocked this one, congrats too.

Eliza