Saturday 24 May 2014

Tims May Tag

Had a bit of free time on Thursday so I have joined in with the May Tag Challenge - details here:


Background of the tag was done with Scattered Straw paint, Antique Linen and Iced Spruce stains and the edges were inked with Vintage Photo.  The papers I used were from the Lost and Found paper stack and all edges were inked with Pumice Stone.  For the tiles I used kraft cardstock.  I decorated the tiles with various bits of metal (yes I have a few bits stashed away!) and the cameo is made using mod melts (fabulous stuff that you melt through your glue gun - almost as much fun as the melting pot!) - I first painted the frame in Broken China but it was a bit too bright so I repainted it with Pumice Stone and then inked it gently with a blue Treasure Gold - I left the cameo as is.

I haven't got a Shadowpress word yet so I used my umbrella man embossing folder on kraft cardstock and inked with Vintage Photo - I only drew around the man with a sharpie when the tag was all stuck together (very brave I know!) so thankfully he turned out ok and I didn't have to redo him!

I finished the tag with chit chat stickers and ribbon inked with Pumice Stone to tie it all together.

Thanks for looking - hoping to get inky during half term from Solihull :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tag. Like what you did with the Umbrella man! Karen.x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great tag with fabulous elements.

Sparky said...

hello nicola you certainly have talent in card making and quilting...both could be postcards.