Saturday, 5 July 2014

Collage composition week 2

Week 2 of Claudine's Composition for Collages workshop was all about horizons - I was still having printer issues but obviously wanted to play along asap so I knocked out these three pieces - all 7"x5" so I can mount them onto cards if I want to at a later date - they really didn't take me long at all but its more the process of understanding horizons rather than spending hours creating (like I usually do!) - hope you like them:


Yes I know the car is far too big but I wanted to use it!


Simple inked bird on a branch - brick wall is Tims die matted over a tea dye inked strip - the Happy Birthday banner is just to break up the wall and isn't actually stuck down at the moment! If I use it for a card then that will probably be done in a different coloured ink.


Yet another Christmas scene - never too early to start Christmas stuff in my opinion!  Loving my new Victorian Carollers die (can you tell!).  Just wish I had placed her a bit further in before sticking!

Have now sorted out printer issues so hopefully my new few pieces might actually be collages!

Thanks for looking - off to teach a scrapbooking class at Hobbycraft - whoo hoo - from Solihull

2 comments:

Buttons said...

Love them Nicola! Great work yet again. Jenny x

Hettie said...

Hmmn. I might have to go and have a wander and look at this. I do love the carollers die though I don't have it. Shhh I borrowed my friend's last year!
Not sure about NEC yet. Big holiday afoot!
Hugs
xx

 
Copyright 2012 Sunshine reflections. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates