Saturday 31 January 2015

January 2015 Tag

If you are visiting here for the Grow Your Blog Hop my post is here.

Well what a lovely morning I have had here in overcast Solihull.  When I first saw Tim's January tag back on the 1st January I knew exactly what I wanted to do but all month I couldn't find the inspiration to get going to actually put paint etc. to paper - however this morning I got up and found the energy! whoo hoo - so here it is:



Rather than using random words I decided to make mine into a bit of a Things To Complete list for 2015 - I say a bit because my Things To Do list is always extensive however I do have a pile of half done/not quite started projects that I would like to get done so I have set this whole year as the deadline.  Sounds a long time but if you see I have put on there "Date Quilts" this has been on my To Do list since my very first quilt which I made back in 2004!

So my aim this year is to complete:
A beautiful Moda Rocket Age quilt for my son - front and back are done it just needs sandwiching together with batting (already got) and quilting - started in October 2014
A cute Christmas Quilt - at exactly the same stage as the quilt above - started in October 2012
Date Quilts - all 13 of them! This will consist of either handsewing labels or using a fabric pen, either way should only take a couple of hours when I get going - all dates of completion are written down in a book!
Crochet Bat - an adorable bat pattern that I bought from the Toft Alpaca shop - don't know why the bat caught my eye or what I am going to do with it when it is done - started October 2014
Rabbit Clothes - I made a lovely rabbit a few months ago and have a kit consisting of a shirt, jeans and waistcoat for him - not yet started
Mushroom Mat - much to the amusement of my family I have a bit of a mushroom feature going on in my lounge so I want to make a mat (bit like a small quilt) to stand them on - not yet designed/started
Willow Basket - last August I bought a kit to make a small willow basket from Willow and Wetlands in Somerset - lovely place, well worth a visit if you are in that part of the world - not yet started
Use Old Stash - goes without saying really

So that's a little target for me to get on with amongst other things this year!

To make the panel I followed the instructions over on Tim's blog here.  I have tried to list all of the items used on the thumblinky thing.  I also used some Prima Shabby Chic mushrooms and a die cut Rocket from the Outer Space sizzix decorative strip (both unused stash - whoo hoo).  The rocket was coloured in with various distress markers and inked with Walnut Stain ink. The mushrooms got a light covering of Walnut Stain paint. The word "Twenty" is cut out from Tim's Santa's Workshop decorative strip die - it's black card covered with Brushed Pewter paint.  The 15 is black card covered in Blue glitter - I tried gold letters and numbers but they didn't look right and then I discovered that I don't have any silver glitter so went with the blue instead.

That's it for now - if you would like to pop back on 11th February I am hosting an Eclectic Elements blog hop and I would love it if you would take time to come and visit me and the other participants - am so very excited about it all and already have two projects done for it.

Thanks for looking - wanting more snow from Solihull



7 comments:

gilly said...

Oh what a lovely tag! I wish my To Do list looked as pretty as yours does.
I think I need to add that cute bat to my list too - he is adorable. We had quite a lot of snow here overnight but it's gone all slushy now. Hopeful for more tonight to top it up! ;-)
Happy weekend, xx

luvhymns said...

Inspirational.... I have projects like those... what a beautiful reminder!

Sandra said...

Stunning! Love that you made a to do list for 2015! Great idea! Hugs, Sandra

Missus Wookie said...

What a lovely to do list - looking forward to seeing those projects finished.

Catherine said...

I said I would visit and here I am. I am too much of a coward to put together my to do list but I wish I could do it like yours. That is so much fun, so creative.
No snow this year so far here in Cardiff but we had it for the last 2 years. I love your latest post too although I have never tried paper crafting myself.
Have a wonderful GYB 2015!

Catherine said...

I said I would visit and here I am. I am too much of a coward to put together my to do list but I wish I could do it like yours. That is so much fun, so creative.
No snow this year so far here in Cardiff but we had it for the last 2 years. I love your latest post too although I have never tried paper crafting myself.
Have a wonderful GYB 2015!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a great idea! Love the way this version has developed. I'm afraid I'd need all 12 for my to do list!!! Jenny x