Sunday 1 February 2015

CC3C Technique No. 21

Well it looks like my papercrafting mojo is well and truly back as not only did I make a piece for Tim's January challenge yesterday but today I have done a piece for CC3C!  This is the first time I have taken part with CC3C that is how long I have not been playing with papers as they are on the 21st one!

The challenge is based on pg55 of the third volume of Compendium of Curiosities which is Rock Candy Distress Glitter.

Here is my take:


True to my task of trying to start using old/unused stash the decorative strip bird die has had its first outing on this tag despite being bought last September and also the rock candy glitter has only just been opened and I have had that for even longer!!

The tag uses the artful birds stamp set with the birdcage following the technique on pg 55.  The tag was inked with Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord with all stamps inked up with Walnut Stain.  The bird is handcut out and also inked over with Victorian Velvet and then given a covering of glossy accents for a nice finish.

The pink flowers are Tims tattered floral die done up in 3d - if you want to see how to make them I have a YouTube video showing you how on my sidebar - the book page flowers are from a sizzix die that I won last year.  The garden greens are coloured with Peeled Paint ink, stamped with a script stamp and then have a light dusting of heirloom gold perfect pearls so they are a bit sparkly too.

If you would like to join in with the challenge the details are here over on the awesome Linda Ledbetters website.  You could not only win a fabulous prize from Tim and Mario but you get entered into a random draw for a fabulous $50 prize from The Inspiration Emporium.  How exciting is that!

Have had a lovely morning making this - might just go and do another one now.....

Thanks for looking - Feeling crafty from a slight snowy Solihull


8 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A newbie...we LOVE newbies! So glad you could join us, and I love that you put CC103...we should change it to that...smart cookie! I can see a few bits of glittery on the bird cage, so I'm sure in person this is so cool! LOVE the dies dripping off the sides of the tag...so eye catching. Your tag is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us on this glittery challenge at CC3Challenge!!! Glad to have you!

Carla said...

Very pretty. A great use of that tag

Candy C said...

Helloooo...and welcome to our challenges! So glad you could join us! Your tag is gorgeous. I love how you've interpreted the technique in embossing the lovely bird cage onto your beautifully colored background. The flower and die cut bird flock overhead are great embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Cheryl Grigsby said...

What an beautiful first entry! (First among many, I hope!) I love what you've done here. Those flying birds silhouetted at the top are gorgeous and the feel of the entire piece is endearing. Nice touches of CRC DG!! (took me a while to decipher that one ;-) Thanks for joining, we'll be looking forward to more!

Hels Sheridan said...

Welcome to the Compendium challenge. .. how great your Mojo is back and your tag is beautiful, love your sparkly birdcage and all the little details and elements you've added... Thanks for joining in with the CC3C x

sarascloset said...

Your tag is stunning with that bird cage in the background and the lovely bird! I'm happy you cracked open your jar of Distress glitter because this is applied fabulously! I, too, am working on a project with a bird cage and birds to enter in CC3C. Thank you for your visit to my blog and leaving your comment!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I like that tag - great use of the birdies. I have some of that dry glitter and it has only been used once...

Jenny Marples said...

WOW does that work or what!!! Love the idea of a glittered cage with those birds above. Jenny x