Wednesday 3 August 2016

A flurry of inkyness!

Well I think my inky mojo might have finally returned after its long semester!!  I knew I could rely on Tim to get the motivation flying again!

I am taking part in Creative Chemistry 103 - I was hoping to do the two reruns of 101 and 102 over the past few weeks too but that just didn't happen what with DS2 leaving Junior school, holidays and my sewing frenzy for a new wardrobe but I did tune in yesterday to 103 (I actually forgot on Monday but I was busy completing Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens on the xbox with DS2 to 100% - whoo hoo!!  - I feel I have to grasp these moments fiercely now as he will be at senior school in September and will no doubt not want to play lego games with Mom for much longer! - don't worry though I am not ashamed to play them by myself!!!).

Anyway I have made a card this morning!!! Before 9am too - blimey!  First time in ages that I have sat down and just played rather than planned a workshop or made a product to sell in the shop and I must say it is a welcome relief!!




I decided to do the Distress Stain Rub Resist technique as I have done this a lot in the past so was a bit in my comfort zone however I did cut up the rub on sheet and place random rubons around the card - even ripping some which, believe me, is way out of my comfort zone, I even smudged some of my stamping too!! so I feel I have achieved a lot this morning already!

I used mustard seed, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral and broken china distress spray stains (all of which were bought six months ago and still had the seals on!), Special Delivery rub ons, Ground Espresso ink around the edges and then stamps from the Life's Possibilities, Travel Blueprint and Little Labels sets.  Finished simply with some metal glasses (no idea where they are from but aren't they cute!) and some red jute which I think I bought from Tiger.

I now have to sit and wait patiently for about 5 hours for todays class!  Might just go make another card....

Thanks for looking - inky fingers from Solihull

No comments: